Pages

Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Crafty Unknown Writers....Killer Ferns.

Yes, its true, the flu and cold bug is germinating through the valley communities again.Sighs.We are down a few at work thus far and expecting more to fall ill as the few sick employees that are holding out continue to work and share the bug.Ug.I'm just waiting my turn and doing my best to get lots of rest between filling shifts of the sick.Needless to say I've worked a stretch already and is, ahem, pooping out.One more day before I see two days off, in a row even~ woot!
~
Wild storm systems have been inundating our region for a week now-enough to spin your head.I say this because I just wouldn't be Canadian nor especially a (Bcer) without mentioning the gosh-darn-weather! Humph.
~
While reading random newspapers I came across an article written by Matthew Claxton.
I usually read the 'letter's section' to see what average folk have to say but, this particular time I scanned the page with which a chosen editor for the week submitted.
To be honest it was the title that drew my eye to the page "Killer Ferns."
This isn't any ole 'Killer Fern' people, but one of which the writer (Mathew) craftily created to play a role in what I consider a worthy mention of a small piece I've read in awhile.Its a must read and there for is the reason why I am adamant in sharing it with you.I guarantee you'll laugh out loud and glean as I did in the style of his writing.Kudos to Mathew for making me not only remember his piece of writing long after but "kudos" to him for being so damn crafty.
Killer ferns explain everything

Enjoy.And watch out for those-

"Killer Ferns!"

PS. I wonder if he smoked a fatty before writing this? Hm....LOL.

5 comments:

  1. Hey there! Nice observations! I need to get my computer reformatted again, it won't let me read the article! I guess I could go out to the lobby and get the paper, but then I wouldn't be in here, cozy and typing...hmmm...you can see the bind I'm in, LOL! Smoking a fatty is a good idea before or during writing anything, I find..I'll see ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far i have ducked the whole flu bug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eve..your too funny.Personally I most likely couldn't write a ting if under some kind of influence.lol.

    Bobby?...lucky you are.Keep knocking on wood,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill's sister was just sick as a dog - puking as well as diarrhea. Hope we don't get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes-I agree, Kate.
    Thanks for the visit! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete