Pages

Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beverly Mclver~ People That Inspire Me.

Who are you inspired by?

I'm inspired by many, though at times, yes, preciously, I am inspired from 'whom' the moment brings me.
Tonight I am inspired by a woman named Beverly Mclver, a wonderful artist from which paints in oils.
I might have not heard of Beverly otherwise from tonight if I hadn't had such a passion for a particular channel on TV, Knowledgenetwork.ca -BC's Public Educational Broadcaster.

When in spare time, evening time, in the back of my mind while channel surfing, it is this channel that I think of.The Knowledge network is commercial-free, which I love, and funded by an annual operating grant from the provincial government and through donations of public supporters.
Outside of this channel being Canadian, which, "chortles," I adore anything Canadian, it is a fact coming of late, that, I support no other channel than I do this one, out from some of the amazing stories and documentaries.

Tonights documentary was named "Raising Renee," The story of acclaimed artist Beverly McIver and her promise to take care of her mentally disabled sister Renee.
http://knowledge.ca/
Renee.

Outside of Beverly's story of raising Renee we also saw Beverly just as she is, no frills or fancy airs, but a wonderful sense of humour and a love for painting.
As the documentary hit mid section I knew that if I ever had a chance to sit around with a coffee and shoot the breeze- it would be with this person. I also knew, led by the inspiration, the slight yearn to take to a brush, paint, and canvas, something my father had done years ago and I dabbled. One day perhaps I'll buy all that I need in paint supplies and paint, till then however, you'll not find me painting any walls or ceilings in my house- I loath the work up to the actual job on hand. That said? this is a self portrait of Beverly.
Finding peace.

2 comments:

  1. I love artists of all sorts...Thank you for your kindness to me Dee. You are such a gift.

    Thank you,
    Bobby

    ReplyDelete