Pages

Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chucklespace.Inspiring Blog Award Nominee-Me-And-You

 In all the years of writing online I don't think I've ever been nominated for anything....course, things would soon change.Stephanie, a fellow writer on Twitter has nominated me for;

 I suppose its true, being nominated is the ultimate special feeling. Who needs to win at this point? In many ways I've already won.With that being said? there's a slight catch to this being nominated (ahem)...

Rules of the Award:

Display the award in your blog to show that you have been nominated. 
Remember to link back to the person who nominated you.
Share 7 things about yourself.
Nominate 15 other bloggers
Notify your nominees
  
Seven Random (possibly odd and scary) Facts About Me:

First of all I've never p-a-r-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-e-d in one of these thingy-poo-poos-ever. I have however seen the likes of them many years back when I belonged to the first original Journalspace writing site, though, hm, I assumed a position of being on the down low from joining in on any reindeer games, simply because I happen to think my list would have been as generic as the dandy lions spreading out on my neighbors lawn.
Now however? I think otherwise. I wanna join in on the fun. Thanks Steph!

 Before I do my list I'd like to tell you a little about Stephanie and how I came upon her.
I met Stephanie on twitter. I don't know if I started to follow her or she followed me...neither matters at this point other than I'm pretty fortunate to come by her. Stephanie is a writer who writes so well in my opinion that I question my own damn-writing. There's a few out there that mercy me.
Stephanie has this ability to make me laugh out loud at my computer screen, whether she is tweeting or talking about her unsafe neighborhood in her Blog-she's seriously hilarious. I adore hilarious.
I look forward in getting to know Stephanie more in the future and, thank her in advance (coughs..) while I'm still in a good mood for making this blasted Random List.

Stephanie- http://www.chucklespace.com/inspiring-blog-award-and-seven-facts-about-me/

(1). Scary or odd facts about me? I'm a procrastinator here in there until I fight it off and leap spontaneously off my ass and embark on large projects that MUST be accomplished that day or I lose interest.

(2). I'll not gift myself some of the pleasures other women gift themselves. Such as expensive make-up, purses, jewelry, spas and so on. I wore dollar store make-up for years before my husband got mad at me and dragged me out to buy decent make up (laughs). I learned soon that if you spend a little more on make up it goes on literally like silk. My daughter gave me my first pedicure before I went to Mexico.So pretty.Think I'm hooked.

(3). I stress over stupid things. I'll stress all day over the very things I encourage others to forget.
I'm stressing now.

(4). I hate it when people don't like me, period. I don't know why that is, because...some days I couldn't give a chit!

(5). I believe its really me putting out the street lights when I drive, not the tilted head light my husband mentions in all four of the cars we've had in the past. I believe at one time Lily had a ghost. I summoned it away and I never lost a kitchen item again.

(6). I like driving a stick shift. Two months ago I rammed the jeep into our Mazda at the END OF THE DRIVEWAY!.

(7). I like greasy-concession-stands at ball parks my daughter Lil-plays at. One doesn't sell fries however. Who-the-hell-wouldn't sell fries at a ball park????? ( eye roll....)

-My Nominees Are-----and forgive me for not finding seven. I thank you with my writing heart for the inspiration you give online and in life.

http://captron52@blogspot.com

Jackie Byrdsong: Twitter

And lastly? (evil grins..)

luannerice.net

PS.Remember neither one of you need to feel you have to join in on any reindeer games:)






 



4 comments:

  1. First, thank you so much for the very kind words. I truly appreciate your friendship and support. Next, what a fantastic post.. the thought of you smashing into the other car in your driveway made me laugh out loud. :-) I told you the French fries would be a perfect addition. Lol I'm so glad you decided to play along and let more people get to enjoy your writing. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise! Congrats on the award! I've always wondered about that streetlight thing...sometimes when I'm out walking in the dark, a streetlight will go out just as I pass by it...what IS that? Anyways, hope you're well and everything's tickity boo in your world. ~e.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Steph, glad to have made you laugh and not pee your pants like I've almost done reading you! This was fun. We're winners no matter what because? well, fun was had.
    I appreciate you're friendship too. I suppose no matter where some of us live? or how we wear our hair and brush our teeth-we're all quite alike (writers). Simple people.I like it that way.
    Hugs to you))))

    Hi Eve.I should have nominated you.Gawd knows the funny stuff you would have come up with.You too are a very good writer.I mildly hate you....lololol xox

    PS.I've been thinking of Dorrie aka Westy today when mentioning our old writing site.I used to watch her start and organize such games above.I miss her.And found tonight in my stats her link to her Blog.I'm hoping her family is reading to her near her hospital bed.Dorrie was in a terrible plane accident.Last I read from her family she had yet to speak. I hope she knows my heart is with her and I send my love and warm hugs to her to get well and back on here writing-xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dee. I am honored that you nominated me for the award. Our friendship goes way back to those old J/S days and I am so thankful we have managed to stay connected here on BlogSpot. You are one of my favorite writers and I'm sure the best is yet to come. So keep up the good work and thanks again for the nomination even tho I shall beg off on the "rules" , since I probably don't have 7 things interesting enough about myself to share! I, too think of Westy and sure hope she is doing better. As always the very best to you and yours my dear. "HUGS"

    ReplyDelete