Pages

Pages

Friday, October 17, 2014

Life~

I watched her in all-her-red-haired glory sweep out of the house and towards the driveway and into a friends car. I felt the weight of my heart, just a little, and waved it away as surely as it came.
Life.

She was a winter baby, born on a dreary week in January where the wind was fierce and the rain slapped  against my hospital window like monsters, almost eighteen years ago.
She is last of two daughter's-home. You'll understand. Its difficult sitting here alone.
Life.

It would seem for the moment, that I'll never get used to seeing her and her friend's grow into young women, not when my visions still hold they're small and youthful faces in my hands.
And I'll not get used to seeing them jump in cars and set off, leaving me to feel as if I should ask the hours of driving one has acquired before lift-off. Certainly I've belated Lily's road test as much as I can, well, until she told me of her December appointment for the final road test. I've got to get her ready quickly now.
Life.

Should I feel better that both the girl's just told me that they're high school parking lot is a demolition derby at it's best? "Snorts." There's video I hear on youtube of it. But! oh, they laugh now, wait until they go to the Shoppers Drugmart parking lot on seniors day! Your in for a-one-glance-treat! But you best have your foot on the break and ten million eye balls. They'll see, hopefully.
Life.

It'll be a sad, dark, day, without chocolate when I finally realize that no one needs me anymore. I only wished once, and that was moons ago, that the girl's were old enough to get out of their own...damn seat belts and plop out of the car. I never expected them to completely grow up. And I certainly never thought my last child would provoke in me a wish to be invited along with the girl's to the mall, in that goofy looking bug of a car they just jumped into."Humph."
Life.






3 comments:

  1. I love your new header. Oh how I long to be in the Canadian Woods!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw---thanks, Rachel! Mom and I walk that path through all seasons~Its so hauntingly quiet in the fall and winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dee. Kids do grow up way too fast. But believe me, they will Always need you! I also love the photo you are using. It looks like a place I could spend a lot of time there! The very best to you and that beautiful family of yours. "HUGS"

    ReplyDelete